Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break!

Spring Break is this week. Woot!

It seems like spring break should be a time when you can relax and gather the bits and pieces of your brain that you have lost since school started in January.

But alas, the list of things that I have to get done before school starts again has grown quite long.

1. LAUNDRY. I know it's time to do laundry when I don't have any more clean underwear. I usually do laundry once a month. It usually takes me about that long to collect $2 in quarters.

2. Find and cast a 10-15 minute play for my Directing class.

3. Eat the loaf of bread I bought last week before it goes bad.

4. Go to the bank. A real hastle since my car is in the shop and buses aren't running this week because it's spring break.

5. Scrub the bathtub! Sheesh, you'd think that hairdye would rinse off by itself after a while.

6. Catch up on homework. Now see, I'm putting this in the list of things I have to get done...but it won't get done. I don't know why I bother. I always do homework the day before it's due. However, I don't think of myself as a procrastinator....I think of myself as someone who works better under pressure.


I think that's enough for now. It's best not to overwhelm oneself with too many things. You have to leave room in your life for the unplanned. That's when I am my best self.


I am also going to Fort Worth on Thursday to visit Jennie and Tom and Alisa and Calysta and possibly Wendy. Hooray! I am so excited to see part of the fam! Being in college is a lot of fun but sometimes it is lonely. Sometimes you just want to be surrounded by people whom you know really care about you.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. If you had quarters, would you do laundry more often?!

    ReplyDelete