Sunday, March 7, 2010

Almost 3 months

My cutie patootie will be 3 months old on Wednesday. Sheesh, I can't even believe she is getting so big. It seems like only yesterday...

Being a mother is...interesting. I don't feel like I look or sound like a mama. I still feel like a college kid. Which, I am. But it sometimes amazes me that I am someone's mother. Avery looks up at me and says "are yooouu my mother?" She says it with her eyes, of course. That's what she's saying in this picture. I have dreams that we will be best friends, although when I wake up and return to reality, I remember that a lot of times, mothers and daughters fight and fuss and bicker and compete for alpha female. *sigh* I wonder how such a impossibly cute little thing can pick a fight with her mother. Every night around bedtime, she wants me to hold her. And I do. She wants me to cuddle her in my arms. And I do. She wants me to do the walk -n- sway around the house. And I do. She wants me to whisper sweet nothings in her ear. And I do.

I love this girl.

2 comments:

  1. I love her too, KB. She's as wonderful as her mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH makes you wish you had been nicer to your mom eh? YOUR mom feels this way about YOU! Even now when you are a college kid with your own baby! She would like nothing more than to you hold you and cuddle you and whisper sweet nothings in your ear!

    That part of being a mom never goes away. Sometimes our hearts ache for it! :o) That why we love on our nieces/nephews and grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete