Friday, September 11, 2009

Groovy, baby.

I love Friday nights.

Wilson and I went to Central Market tonight and listened to this really sweet live jazz band. Everyone was sipping coffee which smelled incredibly delicious and it was raining just a little bit so it wasn't hot and made your skin feel nice and soft. But it wasn't humid. Just a nice light, crisp sprinkle. The sights, smells, and noises were some of the best. It was the best Friday night ever.

B is doing just fine. She is growing real big and, consequently, so is my tummy. It's kind of frustrating to walk into my closet and not have anything to wear. But I know it's because I have a little human inside of me. And I love her.

School is just as annoying as ever. My days go by pretty slow and my nights go by too fast. Lame.

What I'm looking forward to the most (besides my little B) is Autumn. This topic has been the subject of many blogs lately but I just love Autumn so much that I can't help but blog about it myself. I love October, November, and December more than any other months. I love the sights and smells and noises. I love those scents that are associated with this time of year. Pumpkin spice, most of all. Oh, how I love pumpkin spice. And I LOVE Halloween. Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. I am going to be a basketball for Halloween. Or maybe a watermelon.


Or maybe the planet Earth.

5 comments:

  1. Febreeze has a new candle called Pumpkin spice! Its super duper yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing that will change--after B is born, the nights will also be slow--and sleepless. I love her too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me ahead of time when you're going to be here and I'll bake some spicy pumpkin pies for you to take home to share with Wils and B.
    Where are all those maternity clothes we bought at Target? I'm sad you don't have anything to wear - that's a bummer. We'll have to do more shopping.
    I'm enjoying the cooler weather too - you're so smart to not be having a baby in July. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of our grandkids became all-night sleepers really early, so there is always hope.

    I love the smell of pumpkin. I'm not real fond of the smell of coffee. Karen loves the smell. I don't.

    Jazz? Good!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to figure out a way to send you some of my pumpkin spice bread. And maybe I could tuck away the recipe for the delicious and not so low-fat cream cheese spread that goes on top so that you could make it fresh?! I guess you know by now that my very favorite time of year is Autumn and that Halloween is, in my opinion, the greatest holiday ever invented? I'm already eating candy corn trying to fake myself into feeling like the season is changing here. (Candy corn hitting the shelves is the first sign of Fall, did you know?!)

    ReplyDelete