Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back To School Jiggity Jig

As much as I would have liked the summer to keep on going, alas, the time for school came. It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And I puzzled and puzzled till my puzzler was sore.

Boy, my puzzler was very sore by the end of the school day. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have 4 classes back to back from 9am to 3pm. It's pretty rough. Especially when a certain little someone is making me very hungry. I packed snacks to eat during class (which is allowed). I packed a sandwich bag of whole grain goldfish, some baby carrots and ranch dressing, and some Disney Princess Ariel fruit snacks. Wilson thinks that I have the taste buds of a 5 year old. This may be true, but I can't help it. I am what I am and that's all that I am.

It looks like this semester of classes is going to be particularly difficult. My professors have assured me that it's largely about time management and thinking logistically about how and when I will get assignments done and it's not really about how easy or difficult the assignments are. I have all the tools/skills I need to complete my projects and succeed.

Easy for them to say.

B got a lot of attention today. Not that she doesn't get loads of attention from me or Wilson talking or singing to her and patting my little belly. But today everyone was rubbing my tummy and asking about B and how she is growing (very big!), can I feel her kicking (oh, yes!), have I thought of any names (of course!) and so on and so forth. It was exciting to talk about my baby all day! I think I talked about my baby more than I actually talked about school and assignments. I have promised many people that I will bring my ultrasound pictures to school and show everyone how pretty she is.

Now I am at home relaxing after a very eventful day. Peace and quiet. I love my new home because it feels so...home-y. Wilson doesn't get home from school for another couple of hours so I will eat a strawberry jello cup and take a nap. Wilson says that tonight when he gets home we are going to go get a bite to eat and bond. He thinks it's no fair that B and I get to be buddies all day, everyday and bond all the time. He would like to do some bonding, too.


How sweet!

4 comments:

  1. Wilson does sound sweet!

    Jiminy Crickets that sounds like a rough schedule! Good luck with your time management. As I recall, it was NOT a forte of mine when I was in school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides which, each professor thinks his/her class is the only one that really requires your time!!

    Take care, Sweetie! I am working on the most darling project for my first GREAT grandbaby (and here I thought I always was a great grandmother!!)

    See you later, KareBear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a tough schedule but you can do it. You'll have to work smart and make the time to do your assignments as they come and not procrastinate till they're due. Which, ahem, can be sort of a problem.
    I talked to Nana earlier tonight and can't wait for you to see her project. It will be so adorable and perfectly charming for our sweet little Buttercup.
    Glad all your school friends and profs were happy and shared your excitement about B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Goldfish. My very favorites are the Nothin' But Nacho. Throw in some jalapeno flavored Almonds and you have yourself one heck of a treat, I tell ya!

    School sounds like a thorough pain in the arse. You may have to consume lots of Jello cups to get through it.

    That Wilson is a good dude. It's so nice that you're making a nice home-y home together and one that will be nice and cozy for The Muffin.

    Now, take your baby carrots and fruit snacks and get out there and kick some serious academic butt.

    ReplyDelete