Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Half...Baked

Hellooo, 20 weeks!

I am half way done being pregnant. The bun in the oven is mostly still doughy but is growing and rising.

It's rather odd because it feels like time has flown by. I'm scared to blink because I know that when I do, I will be in that labor and delivery room. It's a little frightening.

This week, B is about the length of a banana. A banana! I love bananas! But only when they are mostly still green. I refuse to eat a banana that has too many brown spots.

Countdown- 7 days until my next doctor's appointment. Oh yes. It's the one.

The child development class I am taking this summer is turning out to be one of the most beneficial classes I have ever taken. There are two other pregnant girls in my class and we sit together and share snacks and gaze haughtily down our noses at the other college kids in the class who could not possibly be getting better grades than we are because, hello...we are experiencing this class directly, in our womb's. Child. Development. The only weird thing is that the other two girls are WAY more pregnant than I. They look as if they might pop at any moment, whereas I just look like I ate a little too much for lunch and must unbutton the top button of my jeans to breathe correctly.

Speaking of which, clothes are incredibly uncomfortable these days. I'm not yet big enough to wear my maternity clothes but I am also too big to wear my normal, regular clothes. I am looking forward to being a cautionary whale. Then, at least, I will have something to wear.

Oh, btw, Wilson and I have moved into our new apartment. 2 bedroom, 1 bath. It is wonderful! We no longer have to hunt and scavage and hoard quarters in order to do laundry because we have our very own washer and dryer in our apartment! We also have some pretty snazzy tile and brand new carpet. Right now, B's room is sort of the dumping ground for all of the boxes and miscellaneous things we don't know what to do with or dont have room for. Wilson has promised that by the time there is a baby here, all the junk from that room will be gone.

Let's hope so.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you've forgotten but the bellaband is also supposed to help your maternity pants fit better while they are still too big for you.
    Please don't squish B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you getting things out of order again?

    You and Wilson have moved into a new apartment?

    That's supposed to be after the wedding and before the conception.

    Didn't your Mother teach you anything?

    I'm going to have to come down there and help you get things going in order.

    Next thing we know, you'll be graduating from college before you finish your classes.

    You've got to learn the order of things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Bob...you know us Warners...we have our own time tables and order of things!

    ReplyDelete