Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Letters to my Love #4

Dear baby,

Today has been a very exciting day. Daddy and I went to my doctor's appointment and the doctor thinks you will arrive within the next week! And if you don't come by yourself, the doctor is going to induce me next Wednesday! I am 3 centimeters dilated and a lot effaced, so I guess you're ready to get out of there. Since my doctor's appointment today I have been doing lots of things to get ready for you to be here. I've packed your diaper bag, gotten my hospital bag ready, and printed out some information that the hospital will need. I've also baked some holiday brownies. But that is of more use to me than it is to you. I can't believe that you're days away from being here! Everyone is soo excited and cannot wait. I really liked having you with me all of the time. It was a very pleasant experience, being pregnant. It wasn't horrible like for some women. I mostly was just in awe of what was happening inside my tummy and I imagined what you were doing in there...which was a lot (growing) and not a whole lot (just hangin' out) at the same time. You are already so very precious and wonderful and I just don't know if your daddy and I will be able to comprehend the amount of perfect you are, in your little pink, pudgy, pretty newborn state.

I love you oh, so much.

Love,
Mama

p.s.- your laundry detergent (which was given to me at my baby shower, I won't be buying that expensive stuff) smells incredible. I am loving snuggling up with your onesies. But once you get here, I will like to snuggle with you more.

2 comments:

  1. KB, I was so happy and excited to hear from you yesterday about your fast-approaching coming out party! I know you will do a good job delivering your Buttercup. I can't wait to meet her. I love you, Honey.

    ReplyDelete