Thursday, December 2, 2010

No no no november


I like that I didn't post anything in November. It's almost as if that month never even happend...

Today when Avery and I were at the WIC clinic (for her one-year certification) we were waiting....and waiting... and waiting. And while all of this waiting was occurring Avery was everywhere. Like, she was all "see you later, motherrrr!" She was walking all over the place and was totally not concerned about where I was or what I was doing. I guess she figures that I'm keeping track of her. All of the other kids were sitting quietly next to their mothers. But not my kid. Oh no. I was running all over trying to keep her out of some lady's purse or catching her before she zoomed outside while someone was holding the door open. I had to lunge for her before she took some kids cheerios. Sheesh. Why can't she just sit quietly next to me like all of the other freakin kids?! Well, I will tell you why. When I was talking to another mother that was sitting close to me, she said:

"How old is your daughter?"

"She's almost one. She'll be one in a few weeks," I said.

"Oh, wow, I can't believe she's walking," she exclaimed.

"Yeah, she's a big girl," I said.

"My son is 18 months and still not walking. I have to carry him everywhere," she said.

"Really?!"

Come to find out, several of the children at the clinic were well past their first birthdays and still not walking (that's why they were sitting quietly). I mean, I guess that's normal for some kids to walk later, but seriously, I would rather chase Avery around than her not be able to walk yet. And, really, I would die if I had to carry Avery around everywhere. She weighs almost 100 lbs.


Upon seeing Avery shake her head "no" in line at the grocery store, a woman behind me jokingly asked if Avery was almost 2 years old. Chuckle all you want, lady, but it's me who has to live with the little girl who is all the time telling me no. She can almost say it, too. She has the "nuh" sound down, just not the "oh."


But, boy, is she cute. If she was half as cute as she is now, she'd still be too cute for the world to handle.




3 comments:

  1. Yes she is way too cute, but exactly that wonderful, too. By the way, I never trusted the ones who sat quietly and minded. I think it's the really smart ones who have to see EVERYTHING and do it NOW...and they require constant input because it doesn't take them very long to assess their surroundings, see if there's anything interesting and move on.

    Mine were all over the place, and there were numerous of them, too. At the risk of saying an obvious grandmother thing, you were always the cutest girl at the grocery store and told everyone everything you knew. Absolutely darling!!

    Of course, your mom was chasing you, I was just admiring--but I put in my time--I chased your mom who also told everybody EVERYTHING.

    I love you KB--you and your little Buttercup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wait till she shares all the curse words with the world! so fun! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 lbs, huh. That is a big baby. I agree, much better to have a baby that is curious and interested in everything than one who can't do anything.

    Got my invitation in the mail. So cute.

    ReplyDelete