Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things...

Another doctor's appointment came and went. 29 weeks, it is. Next week begins the countdown:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

*ding*

Baby!

I was told by my doctor that anyone and everyone who plans on spending time with B must get the whooping cough shot. Whooping cough shot? Yes, a whooping cough shot. Grandparents and great grandparents especially. No one who whoops shall be permitted within close range of the sweet and precious babe. Consider yourself warned.

I had to drink the most awful, disgusting drink in order to take that glucose screening test. I was given the choice of orange or fruit punch flavor. I chose fruit punch. The only way I can describe it is to compare it to drinking the syrup of a melted popsicle. Except magnified in sweetness times 10. And it's not as if you can just slowly sip it and take your time trying to stomach it. The doctor gave instructions that the whole 50 oz. should be finished within a couple of minutes. So there I was, gulping it down, trying not to gag, and of course complaining about how bad it tasted. Wilson apparently didn't believe me and asked to take a sip, because, ya know, how bad could it be? It's just fruit punch juice and he is such a manly man. So I let him have a swig.

He didn't say another word afterwards and let me complain all I wanted.


School has been hellish but I must say that I am doing quite well. I gave the most awesome presentation in class today. My curriculum partner and I presented a draft of our elementary school curriculum which required 36 lesson plan outlines. We did amazing and went above and beyond everyone else. My professor, who is known to be a harsh critique, said that we deserve an applause.

Thank you, thank you very much.





(8 more weeks of school, 8 more weeks of school, 8 more weeks of school)


2 comments:

  1. Not only can you do it, Karie, you're already doing it! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applause! Applause!

    I'm so proud of you. We're going to see our doctors soon and will find out about that shot. When your mom and her siblings were little, the whooping cough shot could not be given to anyone older than about 8 years--not good--dangerous even.

    Apparently science has improved that shot. We'll be compliant, Kare Bear.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete